Thursday, April 26, 2007
Aegean the Octopus Bag Pattern
Aegean is an adorable and practical bag with drawstring closure. Large enough to hold a small purse, a cell phone, keys, and a lipstick. You can be creative and give it funny expressions, or follow the pattern to make a weeping octopus. It is also a good idea for gift giving, especially to the little ones in your life.
You can read more about Aegean here. And don't forget to take a look at my free patterns ;-).
Head circumference: 12.5 inches (32 cm)
Depth: 6 inches (15 cm)
Length of tentacle: 1.5 inches (4 cm) and/or 1.8 inches (5 cm)
• Approximately 100 yards of DK weight yarn. Shown in Elann Esprit (cotton/elastic, 100 yd/90 m relaxed; 186 yd/170m stretched per 1.75 oz/50 g ball), 1 ball in 3085 (pink pearl)
• One size 5 (3.75 mm) circular needle, 32" (80 cm) or 40" (100 cm) in length, or a set of size 5 (3.75 mm) double pointed needles
• Tapestry needle
• Stitch marker
• Small amount of black or deep blue DK weight yarn
• One to two yards of smooth and strong worsted weight yarn for drawstring
• Sewing needle, fine thread, and a blue glass bead (all optional)
Cast on, bind off, knit in the round, knit stitches, increases, decreases, three-needle bind-off, and I-cord
Instruction on how to make the knotted flowers is given in the pattern.
$4.95 - you will be sent a link to download the pattern as a .pdf file (170 kb)