Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another UFO!

Because the colors just won't work together.


The three yarns used here--
Gems Pearl
Jaeger Matchmaker merino 4 ply
Hand Jive Knits Nature's Palette fingering
--are all buttery soft and easy to work with, maybe that's why I didn't realize how sharp the contrast is until the pattern was nearly done!

Now the palm side looks funny to me ;-).


Well, a post shall never be depressing! Let me show you a couple of swatches I made sometime last week. I played with the original pattern a bit--it has become a habit now.

This is the original pattern (from one of the four treasuries), short and sweet.

Together with its mirror image, it becomes a larger pattern:


In the last two or three repeats, the left side of the pattern was shifted by a half vertical repeat, however the pattern repeat is too small to reflect the difference. I think I'll leave the last variation out.

6 comments:

Susan Luni said...

You could rip back and save the cuff, though. I like the design, and the chart. What do you use to make your charts?

Connie said...

Lovely swatches and is that a glove pattern I see? I like the colors for the gloves and the vertical stripes on the palm.

Maud said...

You could also cut away the cuff, and knit a new one "in the wrong direction". I like the design too, and the swatches are lovely.

opportunityknits said...

Are you really going to rip that? I like the swatch with the mirror image.

Probably Jane said...

I wish I had your technical skills enough to play with stitch patterns as you do with such evident ease - so much to learn - so little time!

PS I have a lonely single mitten whose colours just didn't work - they were my first real lesson in colour theory so I keep it as a teaching aid!

Heather said...

Great post thhankyou