Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another UFO!

Because the colors just won't work together.


The three yarns used here--
Gems Pearl
Jaeger Matchmaker merino 4 ply
Hand Jive Knits Nature's Palette fingering
--are all buttery soft and easy to work with, maybe that's why I didn't realize how sharp the contrast is until the pattern was nearly done!

Now the palm side looks funny to me ;-).


Well, a post shall never be depressing! Let me show you a couple of swatches I made sometime last week. I played with the original pattern a bit--it has become a habit now.

This is the original pattern (from one of the four treasuries), short and sweet.

Together with its mirror image, it becomes a larger pattern:


In the last two or three repeats, the left side of the pattern was shifted by a half vertical repeat, however the pattern repeat is too small to reflect the difference. I think I'll leave the last variation out.

8 comments:

Luni said...

You could rip back and save the cuff, though. I like the design, and the chart. What do you use to make your charts?

Connie said...

Lovely swatches and is that a glove pattern I see? I like the colors for the gloves and the vertical stripes on the palm.

Maud said...

You could also cut away the cuff, and knit a new one "in the wrong direction". I like the design too, and the swatches are lovely.

opportunityknits said...

Are you really going to rip that? I like the swatch with the mirror image.

Probably Jane said...

I wish I had your technical skills enough to play with stitch patterns as you do with such evident ease - so much to learn - so little time!

PS I have a lonely single mitten whose colours just didn't work - they were my first real lesson in colour theory so I keep it as a teaching aid!

office said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<4>
Realizing he might have dug himself in there,Microsoft Office 2010the general emphasized that Office 2010he had spent some time as a junior Office 2007officer working "very closely Microsoft Officewith the Israeli air force" and that heMicrosoft Office 2007had found that "more cosmopolitan,Office 2007 key liberal version of the Israeli population" Office 2007 downloadto be just chock full Office 2007 Professionalof that sort of "goodwill" necessary Windows 7to give a bunch of land back Microsoft outlook 2010to the Palestinians.

dfgdhgh said...

Good love makes you see the whole world from one person while bad love makes you abandon the whole world for one person Ultimate Game Card, Men love from overlooking while women love from looking up. If love is a mountain, then if men go up, more women they will see while womenwill see fewer men Cheap Minecraft Gift Code, if you leave me, please don't comfort me because each sewing has to meet stinging pain Ultimate Game Card.

dfgdhgh said...

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards cheap c9 gold, being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections c9 money, Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get WOW Power Leveling.